Monday, May 21, 2012

ICS - my thoughts so far - and Chrome

Hi there everyone, this is just a quick post to share with you my initial thoughts on Ice Cream Sandwich, which I updated my phone to last Friday.

Although the update itself went through without a hitch, I did experience some minor issues at first, but these seem to have sorted themselves out. Some of them include things like the camera not wanting to work, or the phone just turning itself off without reason, but since Friday, none of those have been happening anymore.

Obviously it is a big upgrade to go from version 2.3 to version 4 with any software, and it is, I guess, a normal thing for the developers to move or change certain things. Some of them I just feel are unnecessary, like changing the way you take a screen shot for example. But, most of them are actually pretty cool, like for example, when you bring down the status bar, you used to have the option to either have the phone on silent, or not - now there's a third option, Vibrate. That I find quite handy!

The speed of the menus and all that seems to have improved, and so far the battery life also feels better! Also, I have noticed that text on the screen looks better too, don't know if I'm just imagining that, but it does look that way!

The first app I went out and installed was Google's own browser, Chrome, which is still in a Beta, and it's only available for devices with ICS on them!

I used it a little bit, and I'm just a big fan of Chrome in general, but so far, I really like it! I will, however, do a full review as soon as I get the chance! (only issue is flash support, which it lacks....)

If you want to get it for yourself in the meantime, do so by clicking here :)

Keep well people, and I'll post more soon!